Lauren B. Weliver
Lauren Weliver is an associate attorney at Perkins Thompson, having joined the firm in 2011. In her land use practice, Lauren represents businesses and individuals with zoning and other federal, state, and local land use issues impacting their commercial and residential properties, such as advising and assisting clients with seeking or opposing subdivision approval, site plan approval, conditional use permits, and variances before municipal boards, and state and federal agencies. Lauren also regularly represents clients on appeal in these matters, and in litigation involving land use and property rights disputes.
In addition to land use, Lauren also maintains an estate planning and administration practice, where she assists clients with the preparation of wills and trusts, and the estate administration process. She has also represented personal representatives and other interested parties in probate litigation.
Lauren has been recognized as a Rising Star by New England Super Lawyers since 2014.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren managed the Foreclosure Diversion Program for the State of Maine Judicial Branch and served as a law clerk to Hon. Ellen A. Gorman of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
Lauren is a 2008 graduate of the University of Maine School of Law, where she was a case note and comment editor for the Maine Law Review and a teaching assistant for the Legal Writing Program.
Lauren lives in Cumberland, Maine with her husband and two children. She serves as a member of the Casco Bay YMCA Advisory Board and the Western Maine Wellesley Club.
University of Maine School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude | 2008
B.A., magna cum laude | 2003
Bar / Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine | 2011
- Maine | 2008
- Massachusetts | 2008
- Litigation Practice Group
- Land Use and Municipal Law
- Trusts and Estates Practice Group
- Employment Practice Group
- Peggy McGehee and Lauren Weliver Make the Case that Beachwalking is Legal if You Have a Destination
- Is that a “Spite Fence”?
- 5 Questions to Consider before Becoming an Airbnb Short Term Rental Host
Publications / Seminars
- Contributing Author, Trigild Deskbook: Guide to Receivership & Foreclosure, 4th Edition (2012)
- Contributing Author, A Practical Guide to Estate Planning in Maine (First Edition 2012, with 2017 Supplement)
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland Bar Association