Perkins Thompson’s Real Estate Practice Group has a longstanding practice concentration in Condominium and Common Interest Ownership Law.
Representation of developers, owners, and associations of new and converted condominiums in commercial, office, hotel, and residential condominium projects (including dockominiums), in such matters as:
- Preparing or reviewing of public offering statements, condominium declarations, and condominium association bylaws;
- Preparing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements;
- Working with surveyors, engineers, and architects in the development of plats and plans;
- Negotiating with developers’ lenders for project financing; and,
- Assisting in the organization of condominium associations.
In addition to condominium developments, Melissa and Julie represent landowners in the development of planned communities, from the initial review of the developers’ plans through the preparation of governing documents, including covenants and restrictions and homeowner association documents, and sales documentation.
In a related practice area, Melissa and Julie have extensive experience in representing developers and managers of timeshare resort projects, including deeded ownership projects and vacation ownership clubs.