Perkins Thompson’s business immigration practice provides employers and their foreign national employees with the advice and assistance necessary for lawful entry and work authorization in the United States.
No immigration client is too big or too small for us. We represent both multinational and domestic businesses of all sizes and types, as well as individuals.
- Work authorization issues involving Canadian citizens under NAFTA;
- Non-immigrant (temporary) visas, including B-1, B-2, L-1A, L-1B, H-1B, and K-1 visas;
- Investor visas;
- All facets of employer-based and family-based permanent resident (Green Card) status, including securing labor certification, employment authorization documents, and advance parole;
- Derivative visas status for family members; and,
- Any post-filing issues such as extensions of stay, reentry permits, and change of visa status.
Should the need for an appeal arise, we are also experienced in federal court appellate practice.
We design and implement sophisticated custom-fit solutions for our clients that span the boundaries of traditional practice areas. In addition to our extensive immigration experience, attorneys at Perkins Thompson are well-versed in business and employment matters, allowing us to collaborate efficiently on legal issues requiring a cross-disciplinary approach.