He has represented DirecTV, Discover Financial Services, banks, marketing agencies, media companies and other creative professionals. In addition to his transactional work, he has years of experience in commercial litigation, antitrust counseling and white collar defense, in industries ranging from defense contracting to insurance to electronic payments.
Separate from his legal work, Adam co-founded a Los Angeles software startup, was a Product Manager and General Counsel for a New York City software company, and has founded two other businesses. He has worn nearly every hat inside a tech startup, from enterprise sales to pitching investors, from UX design to managing engineers. He’s been there in the trenches with his clients and he loves it. Adam is licensed to practice law in New York and Maine.
- A Hiring Checklist for U.S. Tech Companies
- User Experience (UX) Design Agreements: 4 Essential Clauses to Include
- Legal Fundamentals for Freelancers
- A Legal Checklist for Early-Stage Tech Companies
Publications / Seminars
- “Representing Website Developers and Software Firms,”Continuing Legal Education, Cumberland Bar Association, Portland, Maine (2019)
- “Selling Software: Legal Issues,” SCORE Maine, Portland, Maine (2019)
- “Legal Issues in Design & Website Development,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Maine (2018)
- “Legal Triage for Early-Stage Startups,” Startup Maine conference, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Legal Issues for Artists: An Overview,” Black Artist Forum, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Contracts & Intellectual Property: What Business Owners Really Need to Know,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Contract Law Basics for Small Business,” New Ventures, Brunswick, Maine (2017)
- “Protecting My Small Business: Customers, Contracts and Advertising Law,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Portland, Maine (2016)