Adam represents technology companies and other businesses, as well as their employees and founders, in the United States, Europe, India and Latin America. His tech clients include SaaS providers, custom software developers, website developers, DevOps firms, mobile app developers, video game developers and managed IT services firms. Adam writes product documentation and contracts (EULAs, license agreements, API agreements, software reseller agreements), negotiates business-to-business tech deals, designs privacy/cybersecurity/data protection compliance programs, manages company relationships with employees and contractors, forms companies and guides companies in investor relations and financing.
He has represented DirecTV, Discover Financial Services, banks, marketing agencies, media companies and other creative professionals. In addition to his transactional work, Adam has years of experience in commercial litigation, antitrust counseling and white collar defense, in industries ranging from military contracting to insurance to electronic payments.
Separate from his legal work, Adam co-founded a Los Angeles software startup, was a Product Manager and General Counsel for a New York City software company, and has founded two other businesses. He has worn nearly every hat inside a tech startup, from enterprise sales to pitching investors, from UX design to managing engineers. Adam is licensed to practice law in New York and Maine.
- A Hiring Checklist for U.S. Tech Companies
- User Experience (UX) Design Agreements: 4 Essential Clauses to Include
- Legal Fundamentals for Freelancers
- A Legal Checklist for Early-Stage Tech Companies
- Talking Tech: Carlo DiCelico and Loida Otero of Neon Labs
- New California Privacy Law Bars “Dark Patterns” That Hinder Opt-Outs
- When Should a Tech Startup Form a Company?
Publications / Seminars
- “Representing Website Developers and Software Firms,” Continuing Legal Education, Cumberland Bar Association, Portland, Maine (2019)
- “Selling Software: Legal Issues,” SCORE Maine, Portland, Maine (2019)
- “Legal Issues in Design & Website Development,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Maine (2018)
- “Legal Triage for Early-Stage Startups,” Startup Maine Conference, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Legal Issues for Artists: An Overview,” Black Artist Forum, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Contracts & Intellectual Property: What Business Owners Really Need to Know,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Portland, Maine (2018)
- “Contract Law Basics for Small Business,” New Ventures, Brunswick, Maine (2017)
- “Protecting My Small Business: Customers, Contracts and Advertising Law,” Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Women’s Business Center, Portland, Maine (2016)