Brandon Mazer is an associate attorney who joined Perkins Thompson in 2018 as part of the Business Practice and Craft Beverage Practice Groups. He was general counsel for a multi-state brewery for nearly a decade and has extensive knowledge of alcohol regulations and compliance across the U.S. and internationally. He also has significant experience advising clients with alcohol distribution agreements.
Having worked as general counsel for a variety of small businesses, Brandon brings an understanding of the unique needs of his business clients and approaches each of their issues in a solution-oriented way. His business practice focuses on advising clients on all aspects of their operation, including entity formation, sales and acquisitions, contract negotiations, real estate transactions and general, day-to-day business advice.
Outside the office, Brandon is chair of the Portland Planning Board, a member of the Board of Directors for Special Olympics Maine and a trustee for the Maine State Music Theater. He has served on the national Brewers’ Association’s Government Affairs Committee and is past president of the Maine Brewers’ Guild and Friends of Eastern Promenade.
- Beer Collaborations: Transfers Between Breweries with Different Ownership
- Contract Brewing Agreements and Alternating Proprietorships
- 129th Maine Legislature Update
- COVID-19 Waivers of Liability
Publications / Seminars
- New England Craft Brew Summit, February 28, 2020, Portland, ME
- Presentation: Contract Brewing and Alternating Proprietorships
- Conference: Arctic Opportunities: Exploring New Passages for Business Growth in the Arctic & North Atlantic, October 19, 2017, Portland, ME
- Panelist: Arctic Impact on Industrial Economic Landscapes
- New England Craft Brew Summit, March 31, 2017, Portland, ME
- Panelist: Creating a Distinct and Sustainable Brand
- Nixon Peabody LLP Industry Presentation, January 15, 2015, Boston, MA
- Panelist: Taking your Craft Brewery, Distillery, or Winery to the Next Level
- University of Maine School of Law Industry Discussion, September 29, 2015, Portland, ME
- Panelist: Maine’s Craft Beer and Spirit Industry
- Maine State Bar Association
Service / Achievements
- Portland Planning Board, Chair
- Portland House Condominium Association
- Special Olympics Maine Board of Directors
- Maine State Music Theater Board of Trustees