Perkins Thompson’s commitment to the community goes beyond providing excellent legal advice and service. Lawyers at Perkins Thompson have donated their time and resources to represent the indigent, advocate for community causes, and volunteer with non-profit organizations, including with the following groups:
- Ronald McDonald House of Portland, Maine, Inc.
- Center for Grieving Children
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project
- The Wayside Soup Kitchen
- Tate House Museum
- Choices Are For Everyone, Inc.
- Portland Public Library
- Red Mass Committee
- Maine Academy of Modern Music
- Environmental and Energy Technology Council of Maine
- Portland Museum of Art
- Portland Trails
- League of Women Voters Education Fund
- American Heart Association
Additionally, Perkins Thompson is proud of its partnership with the Conservation Law Foundation’s Legal Food Hub program. Our lawyers provide free legal services across the entire range of our practice areas to income-eligible farmers, food entrepreneurs, and food-related organizations throughout Maine. You can read a story about one of those partnerships here.
Perkins Thompson is also a proud sponsor of many community events and non-profits, such as the Beach to Beacon road race, the United Way of Greater Portland, Make-A-Wish Foundation, and the Muskie Fund for Legal Services.
We believe it is a privilege to live and work in Maine, and possess a strong commitment to supporting our communities through our time and resource donations.