The Maine Revenue Service has recently announced a new amnesty program for taxpayers who may be subject to “use tax” because they purchased tangible personal property outside the State of Maine and brought the property into Maine for use. The official explanation of the amnesty program is attached. Use tax problems can be significant for people who purchase expensive items such as vehicles, boats, airplanes, machinery and equipment, computers, and other expensive items outside the State of Maine and bring them into Maine.
- F.D.I.C. Requests that Banks Report Their Cryptocurrency-Related Activities
- The Corporate Transparency Act: An Overview for Financial Institutions
- How to Move Your Company to Maine From Another U.S. State
- Non-Fungible Tokens Make First Appearances in U.S. Courts
- COVID-19 OSHA Requirements for Employers with 100 or More Employees
About This Post
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the Firm or any of its attorneys on any particular issue.
Website Disclaimer »