The following Perkins Thompson lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017:
- Timothy Benoit: Tax Law
- Fred Bopp III: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency, Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- John Hobson: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
- Philip Hunt: Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Trust and Estates
- James Katsiaficas: Administrative / Regulatory Law, Municipal Law
- Peggy McGehee: Real Estate Law
- Melissa Murphy: Real Estate Law
- Paul Pietropaoli: Real Estate Law
- William Sheils: Corporate Law, Employment Law – Management
- Mark Snow: Banking and Finance Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance
- John Upton: Corporate Law
Fred Bopp is named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Portland, Maine.
Phil Hunt has been recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2017 Litigation – Trusts and Estates Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Portland, Maine.
Best Lawyers® bases its listings on a peer review process, in which researchers ask leading lawyers from specific practice areas and geographic regions about the professional abilities of their colleagues. In addition, Best Lawyers selects only one attorney in each practice category and designated geographic region as their “Lawyer of the Year,” making this recognition especially noteworthy.