The IP Group at Perkins Thompson is dedicated to protecting your hard-earned intellectual property. In a competitive economy, identifying and protecting intellectual property assets is critical. Whether for a Fortune 500 company or an entrepreneur with a great idea for a start up, we are here to help with a full range of services relating to trademarks, copyrights, branding, domain names and trade secrets.
- Performing and interpreting trademark clearance searches
- Filing and overseeing trademark, copyright, and domain name applications and registrations at state, federal and international levels
- Drafting and negotiating software, technology, trademark licensing, and distribution agreements
- Performing intellectual property audits and due diligence reviews
- Drafting and negotiating nondisclosure agreements
- Recovering misappropriated assets and proprietary information from former employees
- Drafting and negotiating website development, hosting, and publishing agreements
- Drafting and negotiating “work for hire” agreements; and
- Prosecuting and defending trademark and copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation actions in state and federal courts and in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Matters that we have recently handled include:
- Filing, managing, and maintaining a portfolio of trademarks for a food producer with a multi-state distribution network.
- Screening, filing, and securing federal trademark registration for the flagship brand of a start-up craft brewery.
- Negotiating a technology licensing agreement for a medical device manufacturer.
- Shutting down an infringing domain name for an arts and crafts supplier in an international arbitration proceeding with the World Intellectual Property Organization (“WIPO”).
- Drafting a “click-through” licensing agreement for a non-profit trade association website.
- Negotiating a trademark coexistence agreement to resolve a Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) cancellation proceeding in the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a boat manufacturer.
We understand the importance of predictable budgeting and we work hard to provide you with excellent service at an affordable price. In addition to conventional hourly billing, we offer flat fee and capped charges for trademark clearance searches, trademark and copyright registrations, and a number of our other IP services. Please let us know if you are interested in an alternative fee arrangement.